Skip to content

Three Letters: L-O-A!!!

December 18, 2009

Here he is!!!

Yes, we GOT THE CALL!!!! It came today!!!!! I can’t believe it. Just when we lose all hope and our faith is but the size of a granule of salt, that is when God blesses our socks off!!! I am so excited!!!! Thank you Lord for giving us another child!!!!!!! I did the page awhile ago and all of the words on there are words I’ve been told describe him either in the paperwork or by people who know him.

Does anyone remember this post from July??? I predicted THIS DATE, that we would receive our LOA TODAY, December 18. Does anyone doubt God loves to bless us with dates??? Not me anymore. And 9 MONTHS AGO TODAY, I first opened that email from Melissa at our agency and saw all of his referral pictures and read about our son. 9 MONTHS AGO TODAY. I feel like I have just given birth!!! Really, I’m glad adoption does not work quite that way because I don’t doubt that Larry is about as big as me (since he and Curly are close in age and Curly is inching so close to me every day). Have I mentioned I’m quite short and quite comfortable in my short-ness? And I am giddy with excitement and rambling now.

More news to follow, but for now I gotta try to stop shaking! :) One Happy and Blessed Mommy!

56 Comments leave one →
  1. January 3, 2010 5:24 pm

just found your site through NHBO (i contribute there too) and had to say congrats. he is adorable!!

2. December 22, 2009 1:14 pm

You don’t have to post this comment but…maybe you’ll be traveling again to get another cutie when I go get Addison…who knows?! LOL! The pres might not agree…

3. December 22, 2009 1:13 pm

I haven’t been at a computer much since Thursday so I was very glad to see this today!!! Congrats! I will be praying for you!

4. alicia permalink
    December 21, 2009 9:07 am

Congratulations!!!!!

Alicia, mon of Beatriz and LĂșa Shu

WanZhou-Chongqing

Spain

5. December 21, 2009 7:37 am

I was gone over the weekend and missed this! Congratulations! Will we have the opportunity to do a “shower” for you, or do you need anything? I’m so stoked!

O:)
    Melissa

6. December 21, 2009 7:28 am

Congratulations!! So happy for you! Start packing!

Alyzabeth’s Mommy

7. December 20, 2009 1:37 pm

WOW!! I’m just seeing this!! Congratulations. I know you guys are thrilled!!

8. December 20, 2009 12:59 pm

He is such a handsome young man!! Congratulations!! Won’t be long now, hang in there. Merry Christmas to your family. This is the best gift ever!! God Bless!!

9. Carol permalink
    December 20, 2009 9:12 am

Congratulations! What a handsome boy.

10. December 20, 2009 8:13 am

Congratulations on your new son! What an AWESOME God we serve! I am so happy for you and your family and can’t wait to hear more about your new SON! What a blessed Christmas it will be!

11. December 19, 2009 11:26 pm

Congratulations!!! What a handsome boy. So excited that he will have a forever family…what a blessing for your entire family. Looking forward to continuing to follow along on your journey.

12. December 19, 2009 11:14 pm

Congratulations on your LOA!! One step closer to meeting you son and bringing him home! I am so happy for you!!

13. December 19, 2009 8:59 pm

Sooooo happy for you! Wow, what a momentous journey you’ve had to this little guy. I’m so excited for you.

I canNOT believe you adopting again, already. You are NOT helping the “itch” that I’ve been feeling for months now. We’re totally still praying about the timing of the Lord and the release to start another application. I can’t even look at the waiting children on our agency list. I can’t. But we do know we’re being called to wait on Him. We just don’t know what for and for how long :)

Happy, Happy, Happy LOA day. Big hugs from The Gang!

14. sarah permalink
    December 19, 2009 8:20 pm

Congratulations! God’s blessings, Sarah :D

15. Roberta permalink
    December 19, 2009 7:53 pm

What a wonderful Christmas miracle!!!!!!! And he is so cute. Merry Christmas to you all.

16. December 19, 2009 2:45 pm

WooHoo!! Praising the Lord for answered prayer. I didn’t have time to check yesterday but have been checking almost everyday and praying that you would hear before Christmas! He is a handsome young man and what a blessing you are to each other!

17. Susan Allman permalink
    December 19, 2009 11:06 am

Oh, he is a keeper. Congratulations to you & your family. It’s going to be a wonderful Christmas for you all.

susan

18. December 19, 2009 10:33 am

Congratulations to your LOA. You may not know me, I don’t even know how I got to your blog, but your last entry about Long Hollow caught my eye, and just wanted to let you know that my BIL is the adult pastor there. What a small world. They just got back from Haiti and do an awesome, incredible job there.
    Oh, let me briefly introduce myself.
    I’m Mel (34) Mom to 5 children, three biological, two through IA (Vietnam 2008, Taiwan 2009, SN) and currently have #6 on the way through an adoption from Ethiopia. We passed court on the 16th of this month and will be ready to pick her up probably in February (God willing).
    We’re currently living abroad.
    God bless and Merry Christmas,
    mel

19. December 19, 2009 10:27 am

WooHoo girl! Congratulations to you and your family! I am so stinking excited for you all.

20. December 19, 2009 10:07 am

What wonderful news!!! Your son is so sweet.
    We also got the call on friday and as far as God working with dates it was the six month anniversary from the first time I fell in love with the face of my son and asked for his file!!!

Y-A-H-O-O!! for all the LOA’s that were received this week and the TA’s soon to follow.;)

21. Susan permalink
    December 19, 2009 10:07 am

Congrats Leslie! It’s about time!

22. December 19, 2009 9:28 am

That is great !! (We waited 120 days !) What a great Christmas knowing the ball is moving. Congrats ~

23. December 19, 2009 9:23 am

Well Hoorah! May the rest of the process just ‘fly by’!

hugs – aus and co.,

24. December 19, 2009 7:53 am

YIPPEEE! Doing the happy dance. When I told Ab that S was getting a brother from China she said, “My China? Do I get one too?” Oh if only little one, if only your daddy would say so.
    Can’t wait to see TA soon, it won’t be long now :)
    *Oswald Chambers was so right :)

Love Ya-

25. Sheri permalink
    December 19, 2009 7:13 am

I’m so happy for your family. Your son is precious! God has blessed him with a wonderful family. I’ve been following your blog since you were in China. I love the faith that you have and how honest you are on your blog. I’m looking forward to reading about bringing your son home.

26. December 19, 2009 6:28 am

Yeah!!! So excited for you guys, what an amazing Christmas present! Now come on TA!

27. December 19, 2009 4:06 am

Oh that is just too amazing about the dates!!! Congrats…… God has been faithful once again!!! I never know why we doubt but we always do!!!!

He is such a handsome boy BTW!!!!!

28. December 19, 2009 12:58 am

So, so happy to read this news! Celebrating with you!

29. December 19, 2009 12:38 am

Great news!

30. December 19, 2009 12:11 am

I am thrilled for your news today! Today is my dad’s bday. God is so faithful. Will be checking back to see more updates and look forward to following you in China.

Darlene
    Mom to Tim, 9 yrs old, from Dalian, Liaoning China

31. Cindy permalink
    December 19, 2009 12:09 am

Wow! What an awesome Christmas gift your family has to share!
    Congrats!

32. December 19, 2009 12:06 am

Congratulations!!!!! I am SO excited for you and your family!! GOD is SO good! Many blessings… : )

33. December 18, 2009 10:51 pm

This is so excting congratulations. What a great early Christmas present!

34. Petrie permalink
    December 18, 2009 9:56 pm

Such good news! And your prediction was unbelievable! If RQ ever needs a replacement, I’ll vote for you! Joel looks like such a happy boy. Can’t wait to see him in photos with YOU!

35. Cassie permalink
    December 18, 2009 9:36 pm

Congratulations to your whole family :) Loved reading this good news today! Godspeed on your travel to Joel and blessings on your Christmas :)

36. December 18, 2009 9:29 pm

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So excited for you–and that is amazing about the date. WOW! God is so good!!! :)

37. December 18, 2009 9:29 pm

Woo hoo! I’m doing the snoopy dance of joy for you this evening. This is fantastic news. What a lovely Christmas blessing. Many (((hugs)))

38. December 18, 2009 8:23 pm

YAY!! I’m so happy for you guys!

And he is very handsome I must say. I can’t wait to follow your journey to China again.

39. December 18, 2009 7:58 pm

So happy for you!! He is a handsome guy and coming home soon!! Now if only our LOA would come…..(94 and counting…) Thanks for the kind words over on RQ

40. December 18, 2009 7:57 pm

I am so excited for you. What a wonderful Christmas present! God is so good. I know how stressful the wait is (over 130 days for LOA), but what a wonderful 2010 you will have. We have been home for two weeks, but it just seems that Taylor has been a part of our lives for so much longer. I know that God picks out the right children for our families and rewards us for following His call. I know that Joel will be a perfect fit for your family and bring you many blessings.

41. December 18, 2009 7:45 pm

God is good! I’ve been checking daily and praying for your Christmas miracle!

lauren

42. Denise permalink
    December 18, 2009 7:37 pm

Oh Leslie, I am so excited for you! What a wonderful Christmas present! Hugs~

43. Mari permalink
    December 18, 2009 6:39 pm

Wow!!! I guess God DOES read your blog!!
    Congratulations!
    We got our LOA on our bio daughter’s 8th birthday. Considering that she was the one who all along had prayed for a sister her own age, I thought it was really cool that she got LOA as a birthday present!!! I’m wondering if we’ll get a Christmas Eve TA???

And by the way, your son is beautiful!!!!! What a great Christmas present for your family to know he’s coming soon!!!

44. Lori permalink
    December 18, 2009 6:33 pm

Thank You Jesus! I was praying last night and this morning! I am so happy for you all. I love that God gave you the date ahead of time :).
    Merry Christmas!

IN Jesus,
    Lori

45. December 18, 2009 6:30 pm

Hooray!! Rejoicing with you today! Joel is very handsome (I want to say adorable, but my boys have decided that they don’t like that anymore! LOL!).

Blessings,
    Sarah

46. December 18, 2009 6:21 pm

WHAT??? WOOOOOHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
    At LAST it came!!! JUMPING for joy with you up here in New England!!!
    God is SO the God of the big AND the little… I can just imagine the joy He gets from seeing you relish His attention to details :)

47. December 18, 2009 5:34 pm

So happy for you Leslie!!!!! And hey…it looks like God reads your blog too! :) Continuing to pray for you and your boys!!!! Oh…and that sweet Princess too of course! ;)

48. December 18, 2009 5:31 pm

As soon as I saw the LOA’s rolling in, I checked for yours:) Big congratulations!!!!!!!

49. December 18, 2009 5:28 pm

Congratulations! Can you please tell me the date I will give “birth” to my next child. You seem to have a knack for these things!

50. December 18, 2009 5:24 pm

That’s some very exciting news right before Christmas! I’m so happy for you!

51. December 18, 2009 5:08 pm

Praising God with you my friend :)
    I love how He knows what is important to us…special….like dates!
    Merry Christmas :)

52. Cathy permalink
    December 18, 2009 5:03 pm

I smiled from ear to ear when I saw the headline! I’ve been checking your page several times a day lately as I knew there were a flurry of LOA’s and TA action recently!

Congratulations! He’s such a cutie!

53. Kathie Hikade permalink
    December 18, 2009 4:55 pm

Oh Leslie
    I am sitting here crying. I checked earlier and saw nothing but I knew LOAs were coming in today. I knew you would get it before Christmas. He is adorable!!!!!!!!!!!! TAs seem to be coming quicker!!! You will have him home before March!!!!
    Lots of love and hugs,
    Kathie

54. December 18, 2009 4:49 pm

You know I’m so pumped!! I had to go to every place we communicate with one another and give my hearty congrats! I’m just so happy for you!!!

55. Chris permalink
    December 18, 2009 4:46 pm

Yaay! Countdown time!
    I’m waiting for our SW to call us and say we actually have a completed homestudy , not asking much….
    I really did think I had a lot of patience, but God obviously thinks I need more!

56. Pam permalink
    December 18, 2009 4:24 pm

Tears of absolute joy for you!!!!!!!!!!!! What a Christmas MIRACLE you have received. I couldn’t be any happier!~